- About the CCA
- CCA Membership
- Conference and Events
- Careers in Cartography
Norman L. Nicholson Memorial Scholarship
- A student member who wishes to compete for the award will submit an application consisting of the following:
- an official transcript of all college or university courses completed and grades received.
- letters of recommendation from two faculty members who are familiar with the student’s work and capabilities. Letters of Recommendation are to be sent directly to the Award Committee.
- a one-page statement from the student regarding plans for continuing education in cartography.
- The application will be submitted to the Award Committee of the Canadian Cartographic Association by March 29th of the year in which the award is to be granted.
- The Award Committee shall consist of a chairperson, who shall be the Past-President of the Canadian Cartographic Association and two committee members who shall be the President and Vice-President of the Canadian Cartographic Association.
- The two committee members shall be appointed each year at the fall executive meeting of the Canadian Cartographic Association.
- The committee shall evaluate each application received on the basis of material submitted in accordance with Section 3 (Eligibility).
- The committee shall make a decision on the award by Spring Executive Meeting of the year in which the award is to be presented.
- If the committee decides that the application of highest ranking is not of sufficiently high quality, no award need be given in that year.
Announcement of Award Winner
- The winner of the award shall be notified by the Past-President of the Canadian Cartographic Association at least 4 weeks prior to the date of the Award announcement.
- The announcement (or presentation) of the award shall be made by the President of The Canadian Cartographic Association at the Association Banquet held during the Annual Meeting.
- The student must accept the award in writing within two weeks of notification by the Past-President.
Term of the Award
- The award is to continue indefinitely, subject to the availability of funds.
Change to Terms of the Award
- At such time as any part of this Deed of Award may be inapplicable to conditions which exist, the Award Committee can make the necessary changes subject to the subsequent approval of the executive.